Sunday, May 04, 2008

Walking in Surrey


Time Out Walk: Number 42
Bluebells seen: 300,045
Quaint Victorian Relic of Rural Repression: 1 (see above)

Another lovely walk, this time in Surrey about ten miles east of Gatwick Airport. I'm really starting to like it down there, but perhaps that's because I can go home at the end of the day. Lunch in a bizarre pub with the smallest Ham Ploughmans I've ever paid £7.95 for. At one point one of the staff ran from the pub weeping. Ms T went to the loo and the manager came to quiz me on how I'd enjoyed my lunch. I told him his plate was a tad wee.
"I've sold twenty of those this lunchtime" he said.
No wonder country pubs are closing in droves.
We passed the weeping member of staff sat crouched next to the road, being comforted by the chef.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: