Monday, December 22, 2008

End of the year

"Who stole 2008?" asks one of my friends on her Facebook profile today and I feel the same way. The year has shot past and has left me only a couple of wrinkles to remember it by. This month I feel I'm just hanging on till we get Christmas over (I'm working) and Ms T and I can go off to Wales for a bit of a break.
The reason I've not been blogging is partly the work schedule, which seems to have been heavy recently, but also trips to Manchester to see my old man who is resolutely not a silver surfer.
It could be the shortness of the days but I also feel I have little to say, or even less than usual. The endless stream of bad economic headlines is getting to me; they say forty seven percent of us know someone who's lost their job in the downturn and one senses there's worse to come.
I don't know about you, but for me this Christmas is a question of getting out there, getting the presents in, downing the mulled wine and hoping - or praying - for the best.

No comments: